Friday, May 22, 2009

Horror at it's best!


Those of you that know me, know that I love a good vampire novel. And none of this blue-eyed vegetarian vampire adolescent love story stuff! I want a horrible, frightening, disturbing vampire story! One that, although your rational self tells you it's fiction, there is a part of you that is afraid to go out in the dark for a while after you read it!

Well, my dears, I found one!! I got hold of a pre-publication copy of The Strain, by Chuck Hogan & Guillermo Del Toro (Pan's Labyrinth). It was stunning! I was repulsed, frightened, amazed....and I couldn't out it down! This book is definitely NOT for the feint of heart!

It starts out with a plane landing at JFK. Suddenly it goes quiet and dark; all the shades are pulled; there is no sound or sign of life. An alert goes out to the CDC and they send Dr. Ephraim Goodweather to investigate. He becomes the reluctant protagonist of this mystery/horror. He & his assistant discover everyone but 3 passengers are dead. They take the bodies to various morgues and soon they all disappear.

On the Amazon site, is a little video of delToro talking about his book, and there is also a pretty good synopsis.

So, if you really enjoy being scared, get this book when it comes out!

Oh...and did I mention this is the first novel of a trilogy! So more frights to come!!



Photobucket

No comments: