Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Holy crap! I haven't blogged since April 18! I've done a lot since then, so excuse me if I ramble! More than usual that is!

Last Wednesday - Saturday, I was at Mega Meet in Novi, Michigan. I helped Kelli with her classes, and helped set up and tear down their space. Other than that I was on my own to take classes and shop shop shop. I actually started a list of everything I bought but it got to out of control! And I had to put everything away without taking pictures so I'd have some space. Suffice it to say I got lots of cool stuff. There were lots of bargains at the Advantus booth. Like Heidi Swapp bling for $1.49 and lots of other HS stuff for $.99. Also AMM totes: Thursday I got one for Karen for $7.99. Great bargain, as they retailed for $15.99 (I think. And I think they're discontinued, hence the bargain price.) When I packed it up Friday night, i decided it was pretty cool and that I wanted one, so I got another one. This time it was $5.99! Also went to the Lifetime Moments warehouse sale and got 2 12x12 zip locks full of stuff for a little over $18! That was fun. Found the Scrapbook Zone selling new Prima stuff, so stocked up there. Also found the Crafty Secrets stuff I've been lusting after every time I read Vicki Chrisman's blog. So bought a stash of that. The rest was random stuff: glitter, glue dots in a dispenser; lace; paper; etc etc etc.

I took 5 classes. Went to 3 of them and finished one project so far! LOL! This one was done by the Heidi from Twelve Fridays. I didn't go to the class. it was at 9 AM Saturday morning. I had an opportunity to sleep in, so I didn't go to the class. And I didn't sleep in either. But it was nice to just laze around my hotel room without having to rush about. Here is that project. Isn't it cute?

I have a layout and a canvas triptych to finish. There were from Quick Quotes. I loved those 2 classes and will definitely be taking more next time. There are several layouts from a Bazzil/Basic Grey class that I have to do. I didn't go to that class, either. Something in the free hotel breakfast did not agree with me (or Mark or Becki, for that matter), so I sat outside the class with my feet up. And there was the acrylic Mickey Mouse album class. I did that one when I thought I was feeling better and total messed up the cover page. I punched a hole in the wrong place and smeared my stamping! So I'm in search of a single 6" acrylic circle to re-do it. It's an adorable album when it's done correctly!

Gina met me at the Meet on Friday and we shopped a bit, went to the warehouse sale together, then ended up at Gus O'Connor Irish pub eating boxty, fish & chips, and drinking beer. It was such a nice evening. She's so easy to talk to and so fun! We missed our other Mega Meet friend, Carolyn, though! She and her son have been so sick!

Since I last blogged, I've also been to a getaway at Sugar Creek, a 12 hour crop at Cord, bought a new car, and participated in The Great Race at Scrapbook Heaven.

Here are some layouts from the 3 scrapping events. I didn't scan them all but it's a sampler. I haven't taken a picture of the car yet, so that will be in another post. This is getting boring to me, so I can imagine how you must feel.

TTYAL!!


1 comment:

~Kammie~ said...

WOW--you have been busy!!!!

great layouts and LOVE the flower project!!!! would love to nake one of those!

cute new car too!

isn't it amazing how fast time goes by that you realize it's been a month since you last blogged! which reminds me guess I should get a new one up too :O)