Friday, December 30, 2005

Thanks To Shirley (I BLOG on the Edge)...It's The (ta da)...much awaited...

CELTICTREK's 2005 YEAR IN REVIEW

JANUARY
1. Did you have a new year's resolution this year?
No, no, no! Never do 'em. That way I can't break 'em!
2. Who kissed you at midnight?
I hope it was my husband, Gary. Although I honestly don't remember if he was even awake. Life after 27 Years of Marriage is so exciting!
3. Did it snow where you live?
Snow??? In Ohio?? Does a bear crap in the woods??!!??? Is the Pope Catholic??!!?? And all those other corny things. YES!! IT SNOWED!!!!!
4. Have you ever been to Times Square to watch the ball drop?: Nope.

FEBRUARY
1. Who was your valentine?
Gary! The only man in the world who could tolerate me for 27 years! (And vice versa!)
2. What did your valentine get you?
A Gift Card to Michael's. I bought a P3 with it!
3. When you were little, did you buy valentines for your whole class?
Oh yes! We had valentine box decorating contests. On the day of the party, it was so exciting to see who all sent you a card and who won the contest! Back then, I was altering things and didn't even know it. Usually a shoe box. Never won though. O well...
MARCH
1. Are you Irish?
Yes!!!
2. Did you wear green on St. Patty's Day?
Yes. I have a black sweatshirt with very tasteful shamrocks embroidered on it.
3. What did you do for St. Patty's Day?
Ate boxty and drank Guinness at O'Donnells! ("Where the beer goes in and truth comes out!")

APRIL
1. Do you like the rain?
Well, when it serves a purpose and doesn't flood! I'm a gardener and we have a well, so rain is purely functional. No walking in it for fun or anything like that.
2. Did you play an April Fool's joke on anyone this year?
No. I think I forgot it was April Fool's Day.
3. Did you get tons of candy on Easter?
I always make a basket for Karen, and buy candy for Josh (who is much too cool for a basket!) and they share. And his Mom always sends a big basket for Gary and me. Lots of candy and a bottle of wine!

MAY
1. What's your favorite kind of flower?
lilies - both Day & Oriental
2. Do you like the spring?
It is my favorite time! I can start gardening. I can be outside! I watch the bear maurade the back yards!...
3. Finish the phrase: "April showers bring..."
me out of hibernation!
4. What would you think of as a spring color?
Yellow comes to mind first, because my daffodils are the first to emerge. But pastels are definitely a spring signal.

JUNE
1. What year did you graduate from school?
High School? 1965. (Yes, I know, you weren't even born yet! My God that was so long ago....I've heard it all, so just stop!)
2. Did you go on any vacations last June?
We camp, so we vacation from May through October! But I don't remember going anywhere in June!
JULY
1. What did you do on the 4th of July?
Nothing. Ate hot dogs and burgers (soy ones for me!).
2. Did you go on any vacations during this month?
Went to the AMA MC races at Mid-Ohio and to Canandagua, to visit the Finger lakes region of
New York.

AUGUST
1. Did you do anything special to end off your summer?
Yep. Visited the Jersey Shore. I loved it!
2. What was your favorite summer memory of '05?
Seeing a pod of dolphins with babies frolicking in the Atlantic Ocean! It made up for missing the whales on the "whale" watch tour.
3. Did you go swimming a lot in the summer?
Not at all, other than to exercise at the community pool.
4. Did you go to the beach a lot?
I'm really not a sit-on-the-beach person. But we visited the beaches in New Jersey - Atlantic City, Cape May, Ocean City. They were beautiful would hope to be able to spend a week in Cape May this coming year.
SEPTEMBER
1. Did you attend school/college in '05?
No. But my daughter's sememster was so stressful, I suffered right along with her!
2. Who is/was your favorite teacher?
My high school honors English teacher, Mrs. Doris Hall. She had a big impact on not only my academic life, but my self-esteem, too.
3. Did you like fall better than summer?
Not really. I'm a summer person! I love the sun and the heat. Fall is sort of sad because I know that it means winter and snow are on the way.

OCTOBER
1. What was your favorite Halloween costume ever?
My Morticia outfit!
2. What's your favorite candy?
Well, I'm a candy snob. I love Godiva! But for "common candy" I love dark chocolate and
Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Oh, and M&M's with peanuts!
3. What did you dress up like this year?
A 57-year old retired lady. Oh...wait...that's how I dress every day!

NOVEMBER
1. Whose house did you go to for Thanksgiving?
I cook. There are only 5 of us: Me and DH (Gary), DD (Karen), her fiance (Josh), and his Mom (Marilyn). I really enjoy it, although I put a lot more stress on my self than is really necessary!
2. Do you like stuffing?
Yes, as long as it is not too moist and has lots of flavor and seasonings.
3. What are you thankful for?
My wonderful family. I'm thankful that Karen has found a good man to go through life with. I'm thankful that I have survived cancer for almost 15 years. Life is good!

DECEMBER
1. Do you celebrate Christmas?
Yes
2. Have you ever been kissed under mistletoe?
Yes. But not yet this year. Think I'll just go stand there when DH gets home!
3. What do you want this year for Christmas?
As usual, I had a big list. I really got everything I wanted (except for the QK stuff, but I wasn't really expecting anyone to get that!) Scroll down to the blog entry that lists most of my goodies.
4. What's the best present you ever got for Christmas?
That's a touch one. Probably the TV and VCR/CD/DVD for my craft room. Or my sewing machines. And one year my DD got me a beautiful blank book. On the first page, she made of list of things she loves about me. It made me cry and I treasure it!
5. Do you like cold weather?
Ack! Pooey!! Yuck!!!
6. How would you rate your year on a scale of 1-10?
I'd give it a 9. Just because there's no such thing as perfection! But it's been a good year. Life and retirement are very good to me. I'm a very lucky lady!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda! I love your year in review! I learned tons from you and your humor has me LOL!! When i grow up I hope to be as happy and content with life as you are!! You are truely blessed!