Saturday, April 11, 2009

Happy Day

A lot going on to make my days a little brighter lately! I've been missing my FFF's (Friday Fave Fives), but maybe this will help make up for it a little.

Off we go...


1. Harry's back! Harry Dresden, that is! The 11the book of the Dresden Files, Turn Coat, was released early this month, and I was first on the library reserve list! I'm always happy to have Harry back to spend some quality time with!

(insert pic of very tall yellow house here)

2. Karen's moving "home"! Since a baby is arriving in August, their apartment in Boardman is woefully lacking! Not only is it way too small, it's just...bad! They finally found a place that they both love, and would you believe it? It's here in Hubbard! Not that they lived that far away before, but it will just be so nice not to have to plan an hour out of the day for getting to her place and back! It's the really tall (3 stories) yellow building on the main street. They will have the top 2 floors! The owners totally refurbished it, so everything is in new, good working order, and they won't be moving into someone else's mess! We got to see it Sunday and it's great! Pretty colors; wood floors; distressed wallpaper! The steps will be a challenge for me, but they are sturdy, new and have a double banister, so I'll be able to make it.


3. My Slice is back in working order. Sent if off to Making Memories to see if they could fix it and apparently they couldn't because they sent me a new one! I have to say that MM has some of the best customer service around!

4. We still love to shop! Karen and I went to the outlets to shop Friday. So much fun! It was different watching while she modeled maternity clothes, though! But I managed to pick up a nice pair of brown pants and some real shoes...not Crocs!...for Nicole's shower this Sunday.

5. NSD. It's that time of year again! National Scrapbook Day is May 4th. Be sure to visit us at Bad Girls for a fun party!

So, do you want some more purged stuff? How about some stamps? I have 3 sets to give away.

1. Karen Foster Snap-Stamps. These are the big ones in the Casual font. Very cool! They are interlocking, so you can spell out a word and stamp it in a nice, straight line.

2. Prima Crenee Alphabet. These are really awesome...as is everything Prima! It's an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet and every letter is beautiful and unique.
3. Making Memories FaLaLa calendar stamps. 25 holiday stamps on a storage folder.

If you'd like one of the sets, leave me a comment and tell me what the best thing was that happened to you in the last week.

One comment per poster. Ends midnight Saturday EST. I'll post the winner Sunday when I get back from the shower!

TTFN!






Photobucket

8 comments:

Melanie Stanczyk said...

Love the Prima set!

Best thing this week...

I watched my brother get sworn in to his Sherrif's job and receive 2 outstanding awards. My mother presented him with his badge.

Kaytee said...

Those are great stamps!

So far the best thing that happened this week is just this little random thing my niece said the other day. She is two but her vocab is amazing. We were playing with the bigger lego blocks and she wanted me to build a robot. I am not good with legos at all but I built this robot that actually looked more like a tower with legs. But she looks at it and takes a deep breath and says "Aunt Kaytee it's perfect! I love it!" I was just stunned. She honestly makes everyday I see her so much better!

Jennifer Matott (Sigmagirl) said...

Ooo love the Prima set and the interlocking one!!
Best thing... My baby turns 3 months old today and is now grabbing things and giggling. I discovered this past week that he is ticklish! Love those baby giggles!

Jill said...

I can't wait for NSD!

LOVE those Prima stamps...

The best thing that happened to me this was finally being diagnosed with bronchitis. I know, sounds like a crazy "best" thing, but I've been coughing and wheezing for weeks and trying all sorts of meds. Finally, my doctor started treating me for bronchitis, and I'm getting better.

Alexandra Lundgren said...

The best thing all week for me has been the negative result on the biopsy at the dermatologist. I haven't gotten a 'negative' in YEARS. Actually, ever since they started doing them. I get to go an entire four months with no one cutting out parts of my skin!!!!

Scrapfaire said...

The best thing that's happened to me in a week was spending the weekend with our godchildren...we got to take them to the zoo and it was our very first outing with them by ourselves...all four of us with their parents safely on the other end of town! And...we had a BLAST!! Thanks for the giveaway!!!

*SHeRRy B* said...

I got the Grungeboard! Thank you so much for being so generous!

silvia said...

The best thing that happened to me this week is that I found out that my nephew and his wife are expecting their 1st baby. I am SOOOO excited!!