Monday, June 09, 2008

It's too darned hot! And that's all I'll say about the weather! I try not to complain too much in the summer, as I really do hate winter!

I don't even know where to start with this. I just feel obligated to blog something. I have lots of little projects to share. Some I'm happy with; some I'm not. Some are waiting to be photographed or scanned. We'll see what I can do here.

Karen and I went to a 12-hour crop at Archivers Saturday. It was a really good one. We had a double table to ourselves, which was very nice. All the people were friendly and of course scrapping with access to a store like Archivers is wonderful! The only negative is that all the food had meat in it. But there were a lot of food alternatives in walking distance. I just don't think I should have to pay for my meals when they are included in the cost of the crop. Next time I'll mention it when I register and see what happens.

I've been knitting. Finished this little bag for my cell phone so I can find it in the bottom of my purse. Still working on the afghan (it's actually sort of on hold), the shawl, & the cable hobo bag.

How do you like my new blog-look? Check out the beautiful templates here, where I got this one.

I'm also getting a new me-look, sort of. Picking up my new glasses later today that Karen helped me picked up. I hope I don't have one of those what-was-I-thinking moments, as they are totally different from what I have been wearing.

Got Sketch 101 starts today. I have been a big fan of Valerie Salmon's sketches for a long time (and we all know I don't scrap without a sketch!). And since I took Janna's class earlier in the year, I've loved to follow her projects, too. So, what could be better than a class by the 2 of them together? If you click on the logo on the right, you'll go to the registration page. It'll be well worth the money if you're a sketch and tip junkie!

***update on the new glasses. We've been to the optical place and back home again. I couldn't see out of the darned things! For the bifocals, I could read 2 of the 5 lines (all five with the old lens), and the whole right side of whatever I looked at was blurry! AND the frames were HUGE! The sample I tried on fit perfectly! These would have fit a grisly bear! So they have to "look into it" and call me back.

This layout was done with a sketch from the Got Sketch 101 class -

I did this at the crop at Zane Trace -

A Bad Girls challenge to scrap a page without any patterned paper. I made my own with ribbon and stickers. Not my best work, but there it is -

A monochromatic layout for Scrapvivor at WT. -

and another -

Projects from the Bad Girls Summer Project Workshop - an altered cigar box (which I love!) -

And a little felt mini book made with coasters -

4 comments:

Rachel said...

WOW! Look how busy you've been!! I love all your projects. And I totally agree...just too darn hot. :(

~Kammie~ said...

love the new blog look!!!!!

and love your LOs

pepsigirl said...

Wow love all the work you've been doing! Looks FAB! I wish I could trade you weather....we're freezing here! The kids can't even play outside without coats! ugh!

Karin B said...

Hi! I'm looking in from the got sketch forum. Love your place and hope to see you more in the class!