Monday, June 11, 2007

The right thing to do!

..but check out the badge in the sidebar. Those of you who are my "altered art" friends, are probably familiar with Artist Trading Card Workshop by Bernie Berlin. Well, Bernie has a whole other life. She runs a no-kill adoption shelter. She rescues animals from death row, heals them, loves them, and finds them homes. This consumes her time, her emotions and her money, but it is her passion. I am always so taken by her stories on her blog. A lot of you know I volunteered at our local shelter for a while. I couldn't stay, because the people there just were not nice! They treated the animals okay, but they treated each other, and me, pretty shabbily! And they were so proud of their new crematorium! I just couldn't work there any more! But in my humble opinion, Bernie's got it right! And she does it all by herself!

So if you have a spare buck or 2, donate it to her. It's the right thing to do!

2 comments:

Mim said...

Nice to "meet" another "old hippie". Like your blog - I'll visit again soon,

Leah's Crafty Life said...

aww what a great person Bernie is. How was the concert last week?? Big hugs!!