Tuesday, August 15, 2006

I Joined A Fitness Center!

Isn’t that unbelievable!?  I’ve had a little extra cash this month, and of course I was piddling it away on scrap supplies (not that that’s a bad thing!).  Along with that I have been feeling like a slug…always tired, grumpy.  And I knew it was because I haven’t been exercising at all.  My health insurance provider participates in this Global Fit program.  You sign up with a designated gym through them.  You pay a one time fee, and then, with my place Body Works (Master Park Fitness Center?) it’s only $22.95 a month.  It includes everything:  circuit machines, free weights, cardio area, classes, little spa.  So I just sat down at the computer and did it!  I last Thursday to set up the program and then went yesterday for my first real workout.  It’s a nice place!  All women and they are all very friendly.  I go during the day, so it’s not very crowded.  It’s just recently been purchased by Master Park who has had karate studios in the area for quite a while.  He’s fixing it up with TV’s etc.  Right now I’m pretty psyched.  You know how it is…hopefully the enthusiasm will continue until I’m a few pounds lighter.  I think later I’ll try to put a ticker on here someplace to track my progress.

I continue with OT…still the left leg!  I’m getting a little frustrated, as OT’s keep quitting and my appointments keep getting cancelled.  The hospital is in financial trouble and the publicity hasn’t been good lately, so all the personnel are going elsewhere and they can’t replace the staff they’re losing.  If I don’t get some kind of good news today in the form of more consistent appointments, I’m going to see if there’s another place that does the compression therapy.  I’m getting a bit tired of wrapping my leg several times a day!  Besides that, it’s hot and it itches.  I suppose that’s more information than you wanted.

Karen and Josh signed a lease for an apartment!  They’ll be moving September 1st.  How’s that for a life changing event…for her and me!  She asked me if I was going to be sad and I said I really don’t know.  Right now I’m just feeling a bit nostalgic.  Josh’s mom bought them just about everything they need…sofa, new bed, dishes, etc. So they’ve got a good start.  That along with working (it’s camp week, so she goes to the Girl Scout everyday with the guy she cares for) and getting ready for teaching (which also has her in a tizzy!) has kept her pretty busy and stressed.  Needless to say the wedding plans are taking a back seat.  

What else is going on?  I haven’t been scrapping much.  I have all these great ideas but they don’t want to get out of brain and onto paper.  So I’ve been putting together page and project kits.  Our first crop is the 25th, so I’ll be ready for that.  Then soon the week-ends start.  Can’t wait for that!  Seems like it’s been forever since I’ve gone to a crop of any kind.

Still haven’t found a dog.  I seem to have some kind of magic touch!  Every time I see a pooch at Angels, it gets adopted that day.  That’s okay though.  It just means that the dog hasn’t come along yet.

I’m sure more has happened since my last post, but that’s what’s jumped to mind at this early hour of the AM.  So…

I’ll say good-bye as I go off to start my day!

No comments: