Saturday, September 15, 2007

Another monthly club, another cybercrop, another layout, what we did yesterday...

After days of being strong, I finally broke down and subscribed to the creativity kits at I Love 2 Create. The one thing that happened when I took up scrapbooking was that I slowly quit doing anything else creative. (A sign that it should be a controlled activity, much like a controlled substance?) I have unfinished crochet projects. There are blank candles waiting to be rolled in glitter & beads. Stacks of material... You get the picture. And I realized I really do miss the variety. So I decided this would be just the thing to get me back into the swing of things. After all, a girl needs to be well-rounded (in more ways than one)!


This is I Love 2 Create's 4th birthday, so they are having an on-line Girls' Crafting Week-end. Always up for a challenge, I am taking part and created this last night --->>>

That's Beth, Karen's Matron of Honor.

Yesterday, Gary and I drove to Pittsburgh to visit my big brother's widow, Ginny. She gave me a really cool, but very heavy water feature for my garden. I can't wait to get it set up. Right now it's still in the back of the Mazda, waiting for Josh to come over to help Gary haul it out. Then we went to a little cafe by her house called The Venice Cafe. We ate hoagies and cheesecake and talked. We had a really nice afternoon. I so glad we're staying in touch since my brother Jim's death. We weren't that close while he was alive, so it would be easy to just drift apart. I think it's important to both of us to keep in touch to sort of keep him in our hearts. Heck, family's just important, and mine isn't all that big, so that makes it double important to me!

What am I doing up at 6:35 AM? Damned if I know...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with the variety. It really helps to mix things up!!

Rachel V. said...

Great choice for another sub! And just WHAT were you doing up at 6:35????

Tricia said...

BEAUTIFUL LO!