Monday, July 24, 2006

{Snapshots of Saturday}And Sunday...

Once again, I have been woefully remiss in my blogging! I should probably go all the way back to the 4th, but I don’t think I will. I’ll just go back in time (in a galaxy far, far away) to Thursday. That’s when we finally bought “The Dress”! Yes, Karen made a final decision on the wedding dress and put money down on it. As soon as it’s half paid for, they’ll order it for her. I don’t want to put a picture here because I’m afraid of who might be looking! If you’re on Scrap Muse or Willow Traders, you can see it there. Or if you really, really want to see if before the wedding, you can e-mail me and I’ll share the link.

Saturday we went to the Cleveland's Irish Cultural Festival. We (Gary and I) had a blast! I always say you can’t beat beer, potatoes, and good Irish music for eight bucks! We heard Johnny McEvoy, Cathie Ryan, http://www.youngdubliners.com/, Eileen Ivers and Immigrant Soul,Brigid's Cross and Cherish The Ladies. And saw my favorite dogs, the Irish Wolf Hounds. There are some pictures below.

Then yesterday all four of us went to visit Ginny, my big brother’s widow. Jim & Meg (my brother’s son & his wife) were in town from Jupiter, Florida, so Ginny had us and all her brothers and their families over. There were 15 of us and we had a blast! Jim is so funny (he has a way with the Sterrett wit!) that I was exhausted from not only laughing, but trying to keep up with him barb-wise! Ate entirely too much – Ginny and Meg did special grocery shopping and preparations just for me to accommodate my semi-vegetarian tastes. So I had a salmon burger with feta and spinach, my own potato salad (minus the bacon) and yummy vegetarian lasagna! Got to bring a lot of it home, too!

So that was it. We go for many week-ends with nothing to do and this one was full of fun.

Here are pictures from the Irish Festival =





And the family:

My nephew Jim from Florida with my daughter Karen : Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

All the "women-folk" : Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

DD & DH {Karen & Gary} : Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Jim & Karen with Jim's wife, Meg {the obligatory group shots follow!} : Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Most of the Sterrett clan {back row - nephew Jim & DH Gary; short-people row - my brother's widow Ginny, DD Karen, & yours truly : Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an awesome weekend!! Love the slide show, too cool!!