Sunday, October 09, 2005

Take me for a ride in your car car...


Are you supposed to think deep thoughts while driving? I've discovered that I don't think about much. I listen to the music that serves as my soundtrack for the day's journey. On the way to Christmas in the Woods today, it was...


I'll learn to work the saxophone
I'll play just what I feel
Drink Scotch whisky all night long
And die behind the wheel
They got a name for the winners in the world
I want a name when I lose
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide
Call me Deacon Blues
-.-
Then I had a private little smirky chuckle as I recalled what Steely Dan really means.
-.-
I don't remember what other songs played because I spent the rest of the drive trying to remember the lyrics to the old Woody Guthrie car song.
-.-
Take me for a ride in your Car-Car
Take me for a ride in your Car-Car
Take me for a ride, Take me for a ride,Take me for a ride in your Car-Car
Take me for a ride in your Mac Truck
Take me for a ride in your truck, Mack
Take me for a ride, take me for a ride,Take me for a ride in your Mac Truck, Mack
-.-
So much for Deep Thought. No wonder that's what Douglas Adams named the computer in Hitchhiker's Guide. It is a rather ridiculous concept at times.
-.-
Your assignment for today:
1. Tell me what a steely dan is.
2. Who was Woody Guthrie?
3. What in the world is the Hitchhiker's Guide anyway.
-.-
Oh...
and...
don't panic

No comments: